The Orange Belt grading is approximately 1 hour long.
- Skipping for 3 x 2 minute rounds
- Shadow Boxing (Hands & Legs) two 2 minute rounds
(45 seconds recovery between rounds for both above)
(All techniques are to be performed in both stances)
- Shuffle forward, 2 x Outer Block, 2 x Inner Block (alternate arms)
- Shuffle forward, 2 x Upper Block, 2 x Lower Outer Block (alternate arms)
- Shuffle Forward Jab, Cross Punch, Roundhouse kick (with rear leg)
- Jumping Front kick (with leading leg)
- Shuffle forward Side kick, Reverse Punch
- Shuffle forward, Leading arm Back fist, Hook kick
LIGHT CONTINUOUS SPARRING
3 x 2 minute rounds (45 seconds recovery between rounds)
All in quantities of 25: Sit-ups; Push-ups; Squat with front kick.
HORSE RIDING STANCE
- Pass mark 70 percent
- Required equipment: Skipping rope, full sparring equipment including head guard, gum shield, Boxing gloves (point fight gloves are not suitable), shin pads, foot pads. Males are also required to have a groin guard and it is advised that females wear chest protection for sparring.
- Students may be marked down on their grading for not having the correct equipment on the day.