The Green Belt grading is approximately 1 hour 20 minues long.
- Skipping for 3 x 2 minute rounds
- Shadow Boxing (Hand + Legs) for 2 x 2 minute rounds
(45 seconds recovery between rounds for both above)
(All techniques are to be performed in both stances)
- Switch Stance, Shuffle forward, Hook kick
- Shuffle forward leading leg Side Kick, Upper Block, Reverse Punch
- Shuffle fwd Rev Punch, Ridge Hand (rear arm), Round’ house Kick (lead leg)
- Roundhouse Kick, Spinning Kick (kicking with back leg first)
- 2 x Axe Kick (rear leg)
- Jumping Roundhouse Kick (rear leg)
FOCUS PAD WORK – 2 x 2 minute rounds (Hands & Legs) (45 seconds recovery)
LIGHT CONTINUOUS SPARRING – 4 x 2 minute rounds (45 seconds recovery)
EXERCISES – All in quantities of 30: Sit-ups; Push-ups; Squat with front kick.
(Must be learnt by number, as you will be asked to perform them by number only.
1) Attacker: Left Stance. Shuffle forward punch to head with Left arm.
Defender: Left Stance. Shuffle back, outer block with Right arm, Grab Arm, Left elbow to side of temple.
2) Same as No. 1 but in Right Stance
HORSE RIDING STANCE – 4 minutes
- Pass mark 70 percent
- Required equipment: Skipping rope, full sparring equipment including head guard, gum shield, Boxing gloves (point fight gloves are not suitable), shin pads, foot pads. Males are also required to have a groin guard and it is advised that females wear chest protection for sparring.
- Each student also requires their own set of focus pads and bag gloves.
- Students may be marked down on their grading for not having the correct equipment on the day.