The Blue Belt grading is approximately 45 minues long.
- Skipping for 2 x 2 minutes rounds
- Shadow Boxing (Hands & Legs) one 2 minute round
(45 seconds recovery between rounds for both above)
(AIl techniques are to be performed in both stances)
- Shuffle forward Jab and two Uppercuts
- Shuffle forward Jab and two Hook Punches
- Shuffle forward Jab and two Ridge Hands
- Back leg Front kick, Side kick, Roundhouse kick
- Shuffle forward Hook kick
- Back kick
LIGHT CONTINUOUS SPARRING
2 x 2 minute rounds (45 seconds recovery between rounds)
All in quantities of 20: Sit-ups; Push-ups; Squat with front kick.
HORSE RIDING STANCE
- Pass mark 70 percent
- Required equipment: Skipping rope, full sparring equipment including head guard, gum shield, Boxing gloves (point fight gloves are not suitable), shin pads, foot pads. Males are also required to have a groin guard and it is advised that females wear chest protection for sparring.
- Students may be marked down on their grading for not having the correct equipment on the day.